The EYCN was founded in 2006 after Jens Breffke and Csaba Janáky had the idea of reuniting European young chemists during the 1st European Chemistry Conference in Budapest.
From this time goal of the EYCN is to promote Chemistry in Europe, as well as to give new educational and networking opportunities to students and professionals. EYCN promote awards in conferences, organize Career Days to improve soft-skills and collaborate in a variety of exchange programs to promote the mobility of our members. To do all this, EYCN partner with powerful industries as well as with other young scientific societies around the world.
The EYCN meets once a year in the Delegates Assembly:
- 2019 – Bremen, Germany
- 2018 – Torino, Italy
- 2017 – Heraklion, Greece
- 2016 – Guimarães, Portugal
- 2015 – Berlin, Germany
- 2014 – Bucharest, Romania
- 2013 – St. Petersburg, Russia
- 2012 – Aveiro, Portugal
- 2011 – Murzasichle, Poland
- 2010 – Untervaz, Switzerland
- 2009 – Essen, Germany
- 2008 – Madrid, Spain
- 2007 – Berlin, Germany
- 2006 – Budapest, Hungary – The creation of EYCN
The Board of the EYCN (2017-2019)
- Antonio M. Rodríguez (ESP) – Chairman
- Maximilian Menche (DEU) – Secretary
- Jelena Lazić (SRB) – Treasurer
- Lieke van Gijzel (NLD) – Global Connections Team Leader
- Maxime Rossato (FRA)– Communications Team Leader
- Miguel Steiner (AUT) – Membership Team Leader
- Jovana V. Milic (CHE) – Network Team Leader
- Katarina Josifovska (MKD) – Science Team Leader
- Alice Soldà (ITA) – Advisor
The next Delegate Assembly will be held in Sitges (Barcelona, Spain) in February 2020.
During the DA the 8th EuChemS Chemistry Congress was presented, which will be held in Lisbon in 2020.
The EYCN issues a monthly newsletter. You can familiarize yourself with newest one here!
Poland is one of 22 countries which are involved in EYCN.